Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Essie - Dive Bar

This polish is dark. Very dark. Darker on the nail than it looks in the bottle. In the bottle it has a multi chromatic effect that shifts from green to blue to purple.. but unfortunately it doesn't translate to the nail. I'm still wearing it right now and all I can say is that it looks like black with a subtle hint of green shimmer. Kinda disappointing.

All of these pictures were taken indoors because it has been raining for days..

With flash:

Without flash:

 Without flash:

With flash:

 Macro with flash:

Macro without flash:

Without flash:

Without flash and blurred to show some of the multi chrome action (too bad it can't be seen as easily with the naked eye):

With flash:

With flash and underwater:

As you can already guess my overall reaction to this polish is.. meh. Maybe it's just the mood I'm in.. I've been preferring lighter shades of polishes lately, probably because it's spring/almost summer. I guess I'll just have to try this one again in winter..

Thanks for stopping by! :)

2 comments:

  1. I bought this for the shift between colors...and was super sad! Still a nice color by not what I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! I was really bummed out by this one as well.

      Delete