Wednesday, September 12, 2012

KBShimmer - Proud Peacock

This polish is super unique. It's a light green crelly with blue & black medium hexes, smaller aqua & silver/holographic hexes, tiny fuchsia hexes, and silver bars. I can honestly say it is completely unlike any other polish I have ever seen before!

It is jam packed with glitter so I knew it would be thick. Because of this, I decided to do a little experiment, just to see if it looked better or worse with less layers...

On all my fingers *except* my ring finger is:
3 coats of Proud Peacock, 
1 coat of Gelous
1 coat of Essie Good To Go

On my ring finger I did:
1 coat of China Glaze For Audrey 
1 coat of Proud Peacock 
1 coat of Gelous
1 coat of Essie Good To Go


Outdoors, sunlight:



Outdoors, shade:


and the angled thumb macro!:

My final verdict is.. I prefer the 3 coats of Proud Peacock because it adds dimension. However if you don't like doing that many layers, you could easily add 1 coat over a polish of a similar color. It's certainly less bumpy/thick that way.

I purchased this bottle from the KBShimmer website for $8.50. You can also check them out on Facebook HERE.

Also, as a funny side note - I noticed while taking these pictures that my bottle actually says "Proud Peacockt" - then I thought to myself, have I been saying it wrong this whole time? So I checked the KBShimmer website, and no, it's supposed to be Proud Peacock not Peacockt. I guess somebody just made a spelling error. I've had this bottle for a few months and I can't believe it took me this long to notice that.. ha!

Thanks for stopping by! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment